Sunday, November 1, 2020

Green care projects and the Oxford Climate School

I have hopes of setting up a green care farm once my Churchill Fellowship research is completed. But while I'm waiting to travel to Europe I decided to focus on some of the other elements in my plan. My thoughts turned to any potential environmental issues and mitigations and knowing my limitations in this area I looked for some expert support.

So in early September I decided to apply for a place on the Michaelmas 2020 Oxford School of Climate Change and was delighted to be selected for the programme. The school is run by the Oxford Climate Society and offers participants an opportunity to gain an interdisciplinary foundation knowledge in eight core subjects. I look forward to my Thursday afternoon lectures and feel very fortunate to be hearing from some of the world's leading academics on climate change.

As the food cooperative producers consultation comes to an end and we begin our consumer market research I hope to apply what I'm learning from the programme in the design of the pilot food project. There will be more news on the potential food cooperative in future blogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant update - Phase One Family Support

Back in January 2022 I was fortunate enough to receive a Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant.  My grant proposal was made up of three p...