Sunday, January 17, 2021

'Knowing Better Food' through the Oxford Real Farming Global Conference

In the words of Jesse from the Fast Show, this week, I have been mostly attending the Oxford Real Farming Global 2021 Conference.

The conference, founded in 2010, brings together likeminded people from across the world to highlight and discuss alternatives to conventional farming. I joined a number of workshops, all very thought provoking, but as I continue to be involved with community growing, community orchards and the Buckinghamshire Food Partnership, I found myself leaning towards the food, farming and climate discussions. I even attended my first zoom in Spanish with an English Translation!

The highlight for me was the Better Food Traders 'Know Better Food' three day workshop which encouraged us to think about our relationship with food, buying choices and to consider our potential ethical buying power.

If that's peaked your interest then look out for the ORFC in the Field in Oxfordshire 30th June and 1st July 2021 with sessions including beekeeping, heritage grains and soil health.

You may also be interested in the upcoming NYC Parks Green Thumb 2021 Growing Together Conference in February 2021.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant update - Phase One Family Support

Back in January 2022 I was fortunate enough to receive a Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant.  My grant proposal was made up of three p...