Sunday, May 16, 2021

Beginning my redesigned digital Churchill Fellowship

Those of you who have been reading my blog since last year will know that in March 2020 I was awarded a Churchill Fellowship. I had planned to visit Ireland, Italy and Norway to research care farming and specifically the benefits for farmers, local communities and the rural economy. Unfortunately, the pandemic halted travel and the overseas research was paused. 

Behind the scenes the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust investigated other ways of conducting our fellowships and we were invited to an online event led by Jackie Charles discussing her 'Virtual' Australian Churchill Fellowship. 

I am now delighted to announce that my digital Fellowship research finally began on the 1st May and will last for six weeks. I'm disappointed not to be able to travel and see the different types of care farms in person. However, I'm grateful for the opportunity to adapt my fellowship and include Northern Ireland, Australia and the USA in the research.

I look forward to sharing my research and findings over the next few weeks.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant update - Phase One Family Support

Back in January 2022 I was fortunate enough to receive a Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant.  My grant proposal was made up of three p...