Monday, July 8, 2024

Reflecting on my 2020 Churchill Fellowship, Mental Health Post Pandemic and a Rachel Carson Visiting Scholarship


It's been three years since I submitted my Churchill Fellowship Report and a lot has happened since then. I've pursued my interest in growing and social and therapeutic horticulture, I've become intrigued by forest therapy and I've deepened my knowledge of sustainability. 

I've returned to the state school system as a teacher, after five years away, and been so concerned by the levels of anxiety and mental health that children and young people are experiencing post pandemic that I have started to retrain as a psychologist. My British Psychological Society accredited MSc in the Psychology of Mental Health and Wellbeing started in June 2024 and will be finished next spring. 

My care farming research has widened to include the place of food within the care farming experience and I am working with colleagues to restart a local food partnership with the knowledge gained from my Rachel Carson Visiting Scholarship to Chatham University Pennsylvania. I'll be updating everyone on my journey, findings and next steps towards my goal of setting up a community care farm.

Keep an eye out for my regular blogs over the next few months.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Walled Gardens, Eden Project Communities and Social and Therapeutic Horticulture

Last week I had the opportunity to visit a beautiful walled garden, orchard and meadow complete with bees, a pop up shop and professional ki...