Thursday, October 7, 2021

Farmer Focus Group in The Cotswolds

September saw the first of my Farmer Focus Group meetings, set up to dive into my Churchill Fellowship research findings and recommendations.

On a sunny early September day a group of us met at FarmEd to contemplate the pros and cons of developing a training programme and trialing a coordinator role. Both of these pilots would aim to support family farms considering setting up a care farm within their family farm. 

I would like to thank both The Churchill Fellowship and FarmEd for their generous support in making this event possible and to the Farmed kitchen for keeping us refreshed with delicious homemade and locally grown and sourced food. I would also like to thank the farmers, care farmers, funders and charities that gave their time and brainpower freely on the day.

I have recently written a blog for The Churchill Fellowship to summarise my research report. If you would like to know more you can read 'The Benefits of Care Farming' blog here.

In my next blog I will share the work that has been going on towards my other recommendations.


Thank you to Yellow Road Farm for permission to use this photograph


The focus group working hard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant update - Phase One Family Support

Back in January 2022 I was fortunate enough to receive a Churchill Fellowship Covid Action Grant.  My grant proposal was made up of three p...